Monday, January 19, 2009

Update 14

Good Monday Morning, Trimotor fans!

I hope everybody received some good exercise while shoveling snow over the weekend. I know I did. (my apologies to readers from warmer climes who do not have the privilege of participating in such enjoyment).

As you may recall from the previous post, I found a real challenge in the Emergency Hatch. You'll be happy to read (and see) that the challenge has for the most part passed.

The hatch fits the cockpit structure quite well now, and I have made what parts were missing by copying the parts that were not missing.

Amazing what you can do with simple hand tools (and time)
Hand tools may be our friends, but time is not.

I have ordered the cable and nicopress sleeves necessary to complete the release mechanism, and it should be here this week sometime.

Now for the next challenge, whatever that may be...

No comments: